Planning for your retirement can be similar to learning a foreign language. It’s going to take a while to learn, and the language is sometimes hard to understand. One can learn on their own or have a translator to make it easier. In relation to retirement planning, you can also take time on your own to learn, or you can choose someone to translate for you and help you move forward.
Our agency can work alongside you and create an individual financial plan designed to help you in many areas as you work toward retirement. Let us do the translating and help you plan for your retirement.
We provide overall recommendations to help with:
- protecting and safely growing assets needed for retirement income,
- protecting nest eggs from the devastating effects of long-term care, in-home care, and assisted living expenses without adding insurance premiums to your budget, and
- answering the main question on your mind: “Are we going to be okay?”
Retirement and Income Planning
The path to prepare for retirement might be easier than the path through retirement, but both can have their challenges. We can be your experienced guide and help you navigate through the decisions of retirement – from asset accumulation all the way through the distribution phase. Some of the questions we can help you answer:
How do I …
- maximize my Social Security with my income?
- take wise distributions from my nest egg?
- take the most tax-efficient distributions during my retirement?
One of the most daunting choices we face is which Medicare plan is best for us. From all the mailers and advertisements, this choice is very confusing. Since 2006, Tim has positioned himself as a resource to help folks understand their two main options when it comes to which plan works best for them. He’ll also review with you:
- What is a Medigap policy?
- How do I select a Part D drug plan?
- Which Medicare supplement policy is best for me?
- How does a Medicare Advantage policy compare?
When you, a loved one, or a friend has questions regarding Medicare, give The Whisler Agency a call. There is no fee to meet, and Tim will help you better understand which option would be best for you.
Asset-Based Long-Term Care
One of the most devastating enemies to a retirement account is the unexpected and costly expense of in-home or nursing home care. But we don’t want to spend precious retirement income on yet another insurance premium. What if we never use it, and what happens to that entire premium? When is the right time to look at this policy?
- We will show you how to leverage existing funds that are not needed for income to protect against these unexpected, but not guaranteed, expenses.
- This strategy avoids the usual “use it or lose it” characteristic in the insurance world.
- Unused funds are passed to your beneficiaries.
Life Insurance Options
One of the greatest ways we can say “I love you” to our family is to insure our life. We can create a lump-sum of tax-free funds for their financial benefit when we pass on, and it can help instill confidence. But which type of life insurance is right for you? We will help you better understand the differences and benefits of the insurance you can rent and the insurance you own.
- Term vs. permanent
- How much coverage do I need and how long should I be covered?
- Why would a homemaker need life insurance?
- We can also review your current life insurance policies.
We can also help with:
- An analysis of your income needs, now and in the future
- Recommendations for debt elimination
- 401(k) plan and IRA rollovers, and Roth IRA conversions
- Provide guidance in the event of the death of a loved one
- Tax-reduction planning
- College savings planning
- Social Security and pension maximization analysis
- Financial Estate and Legacy Planning
- Review of your beneficiaries and assistance with establishment of inherited IRAs to maximize IRA distribution stream for your heirs